AtomicEntertainmentAtomicEntertainment

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

[Unreal]ize (Not Complete [Unreal]ize (Not Complete

I'm really liking this

I make short films, and I immediately thought of this being used in a gritty espionage film or something similar. Just brings to mind secret agents hacking into some secure facility. I really enjoyed it, and the length is great. Keep up the good work!

The Raver The Raver

Repetitive, yes...

...but that's called actually having a melody. Which is a good thing to have, for sure.
There was certainly enough development in the instruments to make it not seem repetitive. The little bits of other melodies thrown in also helped to make it seem less repetitive.
I like the instrument choice at the beginning, my only complaint in that area would be the high pitched one towards the end starting around 2:25. I think that it may have been a little too high, which some may find annoying. Depends on the person, however, some may like it.
Overall it's pretty good, maybe not quite a rave song, but not far off. 8/10 due to the minor issues.

MisterJayElectro responds:

Yeah, I realized it wasn't exactly rave, but I put too much time into it to bother working on it more :P Besides, I gotta admit that I like it the way it is (As a rave. I'm thinking of making a jumpstyle version of this, just to try out some jumpstyle). And yeah, I see what you mean now about the high-pitched, though I never really noticed until you pointed it out xD But thanks a lot for the review!

Space Explorer (Mr Jay) Space Explorer (Mr Jay)

Quite good.

Trance isn't a genre that everyone likes, but I like it well enough, and I think you handled it well. The song has a good unifying melody, the instrument selection was pretty good all round, and it had enough diversity to remain interesting. Transitions were also handled well, and weren't at all jarring. Overall I liked it more than a lot of your traditional techno songs. If you were going for more of a club feel, I'd recommend adding a bass beat, but since your weren't there aren't really any flaws to point out.

I'm not sure if you've every tried making an ambiance piece, but you may want to consider it. They aren't too far off from trance, so you could probably pull one off well.

Anyways, this gets a 9/10 since I reserve 10/10 for what I'd consider perfection.

MisterJayElectro responds:

Wow, thanks! I guess I can't really consider myself mediocre now.

Flower (Mr Jay) Flower (Mr Jay)

That instrument... not liking it.

Alright, I'll be honest, this isn't one of my favorites. While the bass beat and tune itself don't really have anything wrong with them, the buzzing instrument you chose for the main melody is more than just a little annoying to me. A different instrument choice may prove to be a big improvement. Also, around 2:20 it begins to sound discordant, at least to me. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but I don't think it was the best way to end. Hopefully I don't come across as too harsh, but you want honest opinions so that's what I'm giving.

MisterJayElectro responds:

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not especially proud of this one; there are simply too many things *wrong* with it. I'm seriously thinking about doing some major changes to it and re-uploading. Thank you for the review :3

11 PM 11 PM

Not too bad.

I really enjoyed the beginning, and the high pitched synth that carries the melody of the piece has an interesting tune. The bass beat worked well throughout. I also liked how you handled the ending, choosing not to use a simple fade out. Overall it's a pretty decent song, one of your better ones for sure. I was, however, disappointed because it all seemed like it was building up to some epic fast paced section, but one never really came. Maybe that's something that could be added in a future version of the song.

MisterJayElectro responds:

Thanks for the review :) I'm quite proud of this one, actually. Though you're not the first to say this was disappointing, I'm still unsure on making another version or not... I'm not sure how I'd change it. Maybe I'll try eventually :)

:DJ Wipeout: Spell :DJ Wipeout: Spell

Amazingly peaceful!

I like to listen to calm music like this to help me relax and focus while I work. This is great because it's masterfully crafted, but doesn't attract too much attention and become distracting. Truly superb.

'09 Batman's Pain '09 Batman's Pain

It's been said before...

...that your music could easily be used in a film.
Well I in fact did make a film called "The Exchange" back in 2009 that used this song. I'll admit it was not in that main portion of the film, but rather in the credits alongside an actual song from Batman Begins. I think you'll find that your song fitted quite well with it and the general theme of the film's music.

PS: I included it in the credits because I liked it a lot, but it didn't fit with any scene in the main part of the film. If it did fit, I'm sure it would have been in the main part.

If you'd like to see "The Exchange" you can go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btvGPp Sh7k0

Keep up the good work!

Test Melody Test Melody

Just stopped by to let you know...

I included this song in one of my newer films, entitled "Snow." I think the piano went quite well with wintry images. If you'd like, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_X1Gk mph8Q

PS: I'm not sure if you ever did make this a full song, but I think it would turn out quite well if you did make it into one.

River Of Eden River Of Eden

Just stopped by to let you know...

I included this song in one of my newer films, entitled "Snow." The very serene feel went well to images of snow.
If you'd like, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_X1Gk mph8Q

Requiem of a Dream - Club Requiem of a Dream - Club

A cool remix of a cool song!

Requiem for a Dream is a great song, and I think you've done an excellent job keeping the underlying tune while making it techno-ized. Nice work!